TADS Bug Database

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ] Issue History ] Print ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusDate SubmittedLast Update
0000109TADS 3Interpreterpublic2011-12-01 04:582012-08-29 00:07
Reportertomasb 
Assigned ToMichael Roberts 
PrioritynormalSeverityminorReproducibilityalways
StatusresolvedResolutionfixed 
PlatformWeb UI version on IFDBOSOS Version
Summary0000109: Unicode player name from IFDB doesn't show correctly in multi-user webplay
DescriptionI've registered a profile on IFDB to test web ui version (TUID: kjx5pxdeabklzyyb) and in multi-user game session on guest's screen my name prefixed to my commands is missing all the accented characters.
TagsNo tags attached.
Fixed In Version3.1.1
Attached Files

- Relationships

-  Notes
(0000213)
Michael Roberts (administrator)
2012-01-08 17:45

Fixed for the next update, but I've deployed the patched version on gs1.tads.org, so it should work immediately.

(There were a couple of things involved. One was that the various Web components weren't agreeing on a character set in the URL strings; I've changed those to use Unicode uniformly. The other was that the TADS interpreter itself wasn't properly translating non-ASCII characters passed on the command line, which is how the user name is passed to the game for display. I've fixed it in 3.1.1 so that command-line parameters are properly translated from the local character set on startup.)

- Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2011-12-01 04:58 tomasb New Issue
2012-01-08 17:45 Michael Roberts Fixed In Version => 3.1.1
2012-01-08 17:45 Michael Roberts Note Added: 0000213
2012-01-08 17:45 Michael Roberts Status new => resolved
2012-01-08 17:45 Michael Roberts Resolution open => fixed
2012-08-29 00:04 Michael Roberts Status resolved => assigned
2012-08-29 00:04 Michael Roberts Assigned To => Michael Roberts
2012-08-29 00:07 Michael Roberts Status assigned => resolved


Copyright © 2000 - 2017 MantisBT Team
Powered by Mantis Bugtracker